This article describes the steps to install the Xinet Plugins for Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) 2019 for Mac OS. Since the launch of Adobe CC 2019, all Xinet plugins need to be installed from the Adobe Exchange App Marketplace. Please note that this procedure requires an Adobe ID.
Currently, the Xinet Plugin for InDesign CC 2019 includes:
- Support ID
- Picture Wrangler
Also, keep in mind that:
- There are different installers for Windows and Mac.
- VPNs should be disabled or not connected while installing the plugins.
- InDesign/Illustrator should be closed when installing, and in the case of Mac, it should be rebooted.
Note: Installation for Adobe Indesign CC 2019 will automatically include Annotations, Support ID, Metadata, and the Picture Wrangler plugin.
To locate and download Xinet plugins for Adobe products:
- Go to the Adobe Exchange App Marketplace.
- Select Creative Cloud.
- Search for Xinet, in the Search field. All Xinet extensions will be displayed.
- Select the required extension.
Note: Extensions may be changed or updated (with URLs), so it is always a good idea to check what is available directly on the page above.
- Once the required extension is selected, click on Free to start the download. Login credentials will be required with an Adobe ID (a free account can be created if needed).
- The plugin will be installed and an "Extension acquired" message will be shown.
- The View My Exchange page will display all acquired extensions. Extensions can also be uninstalled from this page.
- Open InDesign and navigate to InDesign > About Plug-Ins > Northplains > Xinet Support..
- Go to Plug-Ins > Picture Wrangler.
- From the MacOS file explorer go to Applications > InDesign CC 2019 > Plug-Ins > Xinet.
As the plugins are visible in Adobe InDesign CC and in File Explorer, they are installed.